- Keep engine at slow idle (cannot be in Fast Idle or PTO Mode). Put transmission in neutral (if equipped with an automatic transmission, cycle it into gear and then back to neutral).
Air tank pressure must be high enough for the parking brake switch to hold in the OFF position.
- Set park brake (cycle the park brake OFF then ON for CPC R21 or lower software).
- Press and release clutch pedal once per ignition cycle (if configured).
- Hold DPF Switch to the ON position for five seconds and then release (engine speed will increase and DPF lamp will go out). EPA07/10/GHG14 Exhaust – EGR – ATS Manual (DDC-SVC-MAN-0083) | 37 EPA10/GHG14 Aftertreatment System Overview | 37.9 Performing a Parked Regeneration – EPA10/GHG14When the parked regeneration request is accepted, the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration lamp will turn ON one time for one second and then turn off for the remainder of the parked regeneration. The High Exhaust System Temperature (HEST) lamp will flash for one second every ten seconds and eventually become solid when the tailpipe temperature is above 525°C (977°F).The engine speed will increase to 1100 RPM for all DD Platform engines. The regeneration will take 30 to 40 minutes. The regeneration is complete when the engine returns to low idle and the DPF lamp remains OFF. The HEST lamp will remain ON, but the vehicle may be driven.
NOTE: A parked regeneration will STOP and the engine will return to low idle if any of the following happens:
NOTE: If a parked regeneration is being performed to check NOx conversion, the calculated ambient temperature in the ACM (AS053) must be above 0°C (32°F) or the test will fail.NOTE: If the HEST LAMP is FLASHING, a regeneration is in process and the system is coming up to temperature.
- The key is turned to the OFF position
- The vehicle is put into gear
- The clutch is cycled
- The parking brake is released