For all DD13/15/16 engines EPA07/10 low oil pressure codes may appear but are not related to the low oil level or condition.
There are five o-rings related to the oil pick up tube assembly, these o-rings become brittle over time. Once these o-rings have become brittle they allow air to enter the engine oil system. This is experienced by high mileage units, typically 600k KM and higher.
Verify low oil pressure with a mechanical gauge or DDDL. Once verified you will need to replace the o-rings(fig.3). If any debris/metal is found in the engine oil, the rod bearings have to inspected for progressive damage.
In worst case situations you’ll need to inspect the rod bearings and replace the crankshaft if required. Bearings with heavy wear are indicators of crankshaft failure(fig.1). If the bearings looks like fig.2 then there is no need for further repair, just replace the rod & main bearings.
- EPA07 DD13 OIL SUCTION MANIFOLD A4711801451(QTY1) ITEM#1
- EPA07 DD15/16 OIL SUCTION MANIFOLD EA4721800351(QTY1) ITEM#1
- EPA10 OIL SUCTION MANIFOLD A4721806551(QTY1) ITEM#1
- O-RING, OVAL SHAPED FOR ALL PLASTIC OIL SUCTION MANIFOLD A4721881480(QTY1) ITEM#4
- O-RING, ROUND, FOR PLASTIC & ALUMINUM OIL SUCTION MANIFOLD A4721881080(QTY1) ITEM#4
- O-RING A4721870980(QTY2) ITEM#5
- O-RING A4721870880(QTY2) ITEM#10
- OIL PAN GASKET A4710140022(QTY1) NOT SHOWN