On new EPA10/GHG14 model DD13/15/16’s have had problems with the aftertreament harness rubbing along the one box and causing multiple codes.
- 3361/1 DEF dosing valve circuit failed low
- 3361/4 DEF dosing valve circuit failed high
- 3361/5 DEF dosing valve circuit failed open
- 3361/31 DEF dosing unit defect
- 3597/3 Proportional valve bank 1 circuit failed high
- 3597/4 Proportional valve bank 1 circuit failed low
- 4334/3 DEF pressure sensor circuit failed high
- 4334/4 DEF pressure sensor circuit failed low
Unit that set the following fault codes may be due to the aftertreament doser harness rubbing near the DEF doser injector.
If the fault codes are present inspect the doser harness. Inspect the harness and check the anti-abrasion sleeve has rubbed through, if the wires are not damaged just apply tape over and re-position the harness to prevent further rubbing. If the wires are damaged then the entire harness will have to replaced. P/N DDE 23539669 is a service kit that can applied to both repairs to ensure this problem will never happen again.